Starting Steroids for Relapse Tomorrow

This relapse is just wiping me out. It’s been a while since I felt like one hit me so hard. I saw my neurologist the other day and he agreed. I start a 5-day course of Solu-medrol (IV steroids) tomorrow and that will be followed by a Prednisone (oral steroid) taper. Before my infusion tomorrow I actually have an MRI to see where things are at… I don’t feel any different than I did right before I did Lemtrada so I am not sure what to expect… not sure what the next step in my treatment will be. All I know is I am once again changing my diet. Once I feel like I am not relapsing I am really going to push the exercise thing. I need to make my health my life, as in, be super pro-active, something I wish I had maintained since first being diagnosed. I just want to feel like I have some sort of control over my life again, my body. I’m sick of being tired and tired of being sick. Well, that is it for today, I am so tired, fatigued, weak, and I just can’t see. I will try to post more details tomorrow if I am up for it but for now I need to keep resting.

15 Responses to Starting Steroids for Relapse Tomorrow

1. Becca C says:

Thanks for updating us, Matt. We’re allrooting for you. You’re stronger than MS

2. Dimitri says:

Hang in there. It’ll get better.
    Good luck with your up coming MRI.
    Stay positive.

3. Michael Springer says:

You have sorted out the disease and treatments and given a voice to PwMS. You and Marc have inspired those who do not have MS and for those of us who have been diagnosed with MS. Best wishes.

Michael

4. John Williams says:

Get your testosterone checked

5. Dimitri says:

Yeah, waiting sucks.
    But last week my hopes spiked with news out of Ohio State.
    Did you hear about that new Tnt (tissue nanotransjection) technology? That’s amazing. That’s like an answer to our prayers.
    The ability to reprogram any cell into specific specialized cells. Wow.
    Why this news has not hit MS blogs is beyond me.

6. Avril says:

Always glad to see your post,you are always transparent about this Monster. Some relapses are worse than others,here’s to hoping you recover with the Solumedrol cocktail quickly! Thanks for keeping us posted on your Lemtrada journey-do you think so far it is given enough?