The MS Hug; I Forgot How Much it Sucks

This is going to be short and to the point. The day before yesterday I woke up with a minor pain on the right side of my chest towards the top. At first I thought nothing of it, must have just slept weird. As the day went on it got much worse and starting hurting to take a deep breath. Sometimes as I breathed out it would feel like every muscle in my torso was involuntarily contracting in attempt to squeeze every bit of air out of my lungs. Aww man, I remember this. The MS Hug…

As always I have failed to find anything that really works. Not even marijuana products, I mean it takes the edge off and makes it a lot easier to deal with the pain until I move. As soon as I move I feel it. If I am just lying there watching TV I forget the pain is even there until I move and then all of a sudden it feels like someone dropped a 15 pound bowling ball on my sternum. So much for a productive weekend! I have pretty much just been lying here trying to not wonder why this has come out of nowhere. What does this mean? More importantly, how much longer till it goes away?

Matt Allen G

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in 2010 at the age of 20. It's been a battle ever since and I have always shared my story and struggles online!

11 thoughts on “The MS Hug; I Forgot How Much it Sucks

• April 9, 2017 at 10:51 pm

Hi Matt,
    I found that when first staring LDN some old symtoms came back temporarily. I ran through a lot of them that I had not had in years. I read that this does happen to some people. Maybe that’s what is happening to you? Hopefully it goes away and you will feel better soon. I found this info on the LDN site years ago if you want to look into it.

• April 11, 2017 at 1:46 pm

I actually read about that yesterday which would explain the hug thing… OLD symptoms.

• April 10, 2017 at 9:08 am

I too get the MS hug except I get it around my heart. I’ve gone to the hospital 3 times with such terrible pain that I thought I was having a heart attack. The last time I had to have morphine.
    I was told that because it’s in the heart, we can’t tell the difference between the hug and a heart attack. Besides being incredibly scary, it’s incredibly expensive. Another facet of MS!

• April 11, 2017 at 1:47 pm

“luckily” for me it is on MY right side, not my left side so I don’t have to worry about the heart attack thing like so many others I talk to

• April 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm

I was told to take a potassium supplement and the MS hug will stop

• April 11, 2017 at 11:16 pm

I think I tried that in the past. Magnesium right now. Nothin’ – I think it’s just one of those symptoms (for me) that can’t be treated.

• October 21, 2017 at 11:51 pm

for a woman who broke up two families , committing adultery you got what you deserve

• April 12, 2017 at 10:31 pm

Mine is on the right side, and I’m older, so I DID worry about heart problems. But if you rub your chest you can feel that it’s in the rib cage and not deeper.

• April 30, 2017 at 3:53 pm

You mean left side? The heart is on your left side but yes, you’re right, when you put pressure on it you can feel it’s a rib thing