Pain in Hand and Burning Skin

Well, I have not had anything like this in years! This is going to be very short, mostly for my own documentation purposes and to try some new blogging tactics out. Ugh, pain! Well not too bad but bad enough to catch my attention.

Last night the skin on my right arm was bothering me; that sounds kind of weird but it was. When I lightly ran my fingers along the underside of my right bicep it was like a burning sensation! Nothing on the left arm or anywhere else so I thought that I might have just exposed it to something. Not sure what but something.

This morning I woke up and it was still there and a while later I started noticing that my hand (still on the right side) was starting to hurt, like the tendons. It made moving my fingers kind of hurt so now I am starting to think that everything on my right arm is just MS related. Neuropathic pain and/or paresthesia? Well, it doesn’t totally matter just yet, it’s very minor, just a nuisance really  but if this persists for a long time (more than 24 hours) it might be worth a mention when I see my neurologist next week.

Matt Allen G

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in 2010 at the age of 20. It's been a battle ever since and I have always shared my story and struggles online!

5 thoughts on “Pain in Hand and Burning Skin

• September 18, 2016 at 12:33 am

Matt, Just remember It’s all in your head, so to speak.

• September 18, 2016 at 3:13 pm

No it’s not ‘all in your head’ (it’s in your nerves) I live with paresthesias, dysesthesias, and neuropathic pain (all similar and related phenomenon, dys is evoked by touch, para is a sensation occurring on its own I believe) and the pain can range from a mild nuisance to continuous severe excruciating pain. High THC cannabis products are one of the only things that offers any relief. Dysesthesias have been described as ‘Dante-esque’ as in Dante’s tour of hell in the Inferno.

• September 19, 2016 at 4:59 pm

Yes, I am pretty certain that is what it was but luckily it’s all gone so it was probably just a pseudo exacerbation brought about by the heat, lack of sleep, or stress which are all issues for me lately haha…

• September 18, 2016 at 11:47 pm

I just found this web site. I am having symptoms of something. Not sure if it is ms. My problem is not wanting to look like a hypcondriac. I get the spasticity in my legs. The electrical current sensations are very painful. But the one symptom that confuses me is I get jagged lights in either of my eyes but these occur without the headaches. I always understood the eye symptom of MS was double or blurry vision.I have ony started this recently. I havenever suffered from migraines. Does anybody know anything aboutthis or experience this?

• September 19, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Have you seen a neurologist about this? You should see a neurologist. I am not saying it’s one thing or the other but I am saying the symptoms optic neuritis causes the blurred vision but it can also cause other things like color blindness, pain and flashing lights but there are obviously other things that can cause that which is why you need to see a neurologist because they can usually tell just by looking at yours eyes in their office.