When we scheduled my first round of Lemtrada we also scheduled my second round because it was supposed to be done one year later so why not knock it out all at once and make sure that I get round 2 right on time, right? Well since my first round my neurologist has moved to a new medical clinic which means I moved as well. Here is the problem; I was no longer on a schedule for round 2. My neurologist had emailed me a while ago instructing me to call the new clinic and get on the schedule. So I called and got no answer. I called again, left a message with the supervisor in charge of the schedule and… no answer. 3 weeks later, after more calls, more message, I still had no answer.
Yesterday I called and explained that I am not getting an answer and how it’s not like this is some random treatment like steroids that can wait; this is supposed to be done 12 months after the first round which lands me on September 26th. I need an answer. Their best solution? Get me an appointment with my doctor, who wanted me to call and get on the schedule, so he could put me on himself. This new clinic is a bit further than the old one, like 45 minutes to and hour depending on traffic. Not only that but to get there my Dad has to take time off work to take me because I can’t drive anymore. Something that should have been simple is turning into a logistical nightmare.
But, even though this is a crazy roundabout way of getting something that should be simple done, I am just happy to be a step closer to finishing this… I am really hoping that he can pull some strings to get me in sooner than later because I don’t want to have this done too much later than September because I don’t know how Lemtrada will affect me this time and I have a few things planned for the next year or so that I will not be able to do if Lemtrada screws me up as bad as round 1 did. I just want this over already!