Well, It is Official

Yup, it’s official; I now live in Colorado! My flights were all delayed last night so I did not get in till after midnight and I was so tired! My Uncle picked me up and when we got home I fell right asleep (probably around 1am, (I can’t remember). I still woke up somewhere between 6 and 7 and started unpacking. 2 suit cases and several boxes that I had mailed ahead. I have spent most my life moving from house to house so there was nothing foreign about settling in; nice and quick.
I had the window open most the morning; it was nice outside. The forecast predicted a high of 88 degrees Fahrenheit (31 Celsius) but it noted that it “felt like” 72F (22C) and typically that is not true at all (for Moreno Valley) but wow! It was 85 and I was outside and it was so nice! There was a cool breeze, not a hot desert breeze that feels like a hair dryer on your face like in Moreno Valley, a cool breeze! So I sat outside for a while staring at the clouds rush by in the sky while thinking about “the next step”.
Tomorrow I see my new neurologist and I am not sure what to expect. I have heard good things about her from previous patients of her’s but still, I liked my previous neurologist a lot, he was awesome! So it will be really hard not to compare… Fingers crossed! I feel like I am still holding my breath despite me already having moved in. Once my appointment is over I will be able to let out a sigh of relief (I hope).
Once I know this neurologist is good to go and my Tysabri treatment is back on track I have to find a new primary care physician (PCP) and a new optometrist. Physical therapy might not be necessary just yet as I have access to trails throughout the neighborhood, a gym, and a pool (I believe) so I can just continue the exercises my previous physical therapist gave me as well as working in the pool, something my neurologist was always trying to get me to do.
Medicine aside I could not help feeling more than lucky as I sat outside watching the clouds. No longer was I trapped inside, no longer did sitting outside mean listening to a bunch of yappy dogs barking at me through the fence, cars racing around my house, motorcycles revving their engines in their driveway, no; just a nice cool breeze, the sounds of birds, and a squirrel running along the fence. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have been given and soon I will have a job, a new car, be off SSI benefits, and be INDEPENDENT again. I am hoping by Christmas (December) I will be able to move out on my own but that all depends on how well the next few months go. Wish me luck!

I will let everyone know how my neuro appointment tomorrow goes!

Leave a Reply