MS Summer Depression

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

It is getting harder and
harder to find the motivation to write and… well… ANYTHING. My MS
Summer Depression is definitely here; It has BEEN here but at first I
was trying to fight it off but I think I have reached that point
where it is not going anywhere, it is overwhelming me.

The heat seems to really
just make me depressed on it’s own but on top of that I am stuck
inside hiding from the sun. I can’t go out, I can’t work out and pump
endorphins through my body, in fact it’s even hard to simply go to
the store or get coffee! Being cramped up is driving me mad! I have
an A/C in my room but I can literally feel the hot air floating
around my room that the A/C can not overcome.
It makes me so tired (the
heat)… All I want to do it lay down, watch Law and Order, and
sleep. I go to bed early, wake up late, nap a couple hours, and
repeat. My brain is mush, I can’t think or get anything done! This is
of course frustrating and that only fuels my depression… I feel so
heavy! Walking feels like walking with feet weighing 50 pounds each!
What is making me really depressed as well is having all this time to
lay around and think about how I am just laying around getting
nothing done, being unproductive, and literally standing still in
life doing absolutely nothing to move forward… How can I do this?
What’s wrong with me? I have to do something!
I hate the desert…

16 Responses to MS Summer Depression

I'm feeling you on this, Matt. The summer drags me down really hard with my MS. I just joined a gym a few months ago to get stronger but now I can barely stand up straight and walking is like trying to run in water so I haven't been able to work out for a couple of weeks. I'm so tired. Totally unmotivated.

Very frustrating.

Hang in there, ok. Do the best you can, it's all any of us can do.

*hug*
    Tina
    Vancouver, BC

2. Trying to run in water, that is a good analogy, it really is like that.. But yeah I wanted a gym membership but I might as well wait till it cools down… Thanks!

3. Isabeau says:

I understand and I'm sad you feel like that.
    I bet you don't feel like reading either… some good book could help your mood.
    Di you try cold showers? They say they help and an air conditioner too can make you feel a little better, at least in the house (ask someone to help you to put it on!).
    May be I'm suggesting things you know already… in the other case you can try…

4. Haha ask someone to help me put what one? I have a portable A/C in my room and most my showers are cold and maybe warm. I have been trying to get myself to read but yeah I just can't (so far)

psychosomatic disorder

6. I dont think MS is psychosomatic… Depression is just a symptoms and ALL symptoms can get worse in the heat.

MS is NOT psychosomatic. Clearly that was not my point.

8. Haha then what then?

Circumstances completely dictated your mood and/or level of depression or happiness (according to what you write), nothing medically noteworthy. Hence psychosomatic.

10. Haha I would just say situational depression but I don't know?

11. Heartshome says:

I judge my depression via how much L and O I watch!

None of my biz, but is it possible for your folks to move to a cooler climate like Seattle? Don't know their job situation, but it seems like it would be better for you?

12. L and O? I personally plan to move to Olympia, Seattle still gets hot but Olympia is cooled down my the ocean breeze. But that will be a while…

13. Heartshome says:

Law and order my friend! When I'm down its the only thing I that holds my interest.

14. lol wow, duh, I was thinking a bit slow I can see, well yeah, you can loose a cool 4 hours in that show no problem!

It burns my ass when people talk about depression like it's a choice.

And Heartshome, I totally feel you with Law & Order. I find it very comforting. Haha.

Tina

16. Yeah it's because they can only compare it to being sad which really is not what depression is.

And yeah, nothing like watching fictional crime investigations about sexual assaults and rape to cheer you up! :p

lol jk