I Will Be In and Out for the Next few Weeks

Hey everyone, I know I have been kind of a ghost lately, I have just been so tired! Sleep, sleep, sleep. Feels like that is all I want to do, I wake up after a solid 8 hours and all I can think about once I am up and in the shower is how much I wish I was back in bed! Then I tried sleeping in a few hours the other day and I felt like crap all day, so, that was a bad idea. I will stick to 8…

Anyways, I probably will not be posting much at all in the next few weeks, my girlfriend is flying in tomorrow and she will be here for a few weeks so we will be spending as much of that time together as we can! Doubt I will want to be on the computer! So I will be back soon!

13 thoughts on “I Will Be In and Out for the Next few Weeks

• May 21, 2013 at 3:36 am

Hope you have a wonderful time with your girlfriend!

Will miss "reading" your story though.

• May 21, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Hey Matt. I recently went in for a random eye exam and while I was there, made a complaint about my sore left eyeball. The eye doctor started questioning me and I remembered that I was in urgent care 2 months before for numbness in the left side of my face. She told me that she thought I might have optic neuritis. One thing lead to another and my eyeball started to look like it was going to pop out of my head and became very sore when I looked around. I ended up in ER and they ordered an MRI and found 3 lesions. The ER doc shook my hand and told me that it looked like I had early signs on MS and said that he was sorry to be bearer of bad news. I followed up with Neuro who told me that he didn't think my "small" lesions were MS. Needless to say, I am in this weird place of "what is going on and it's lame". The other weird thing is that with the eyeball thing, I started to limp in my left leg and that led to major pain in my left thigh and leg. I just felt like venting. Sorry. This is so irritating and I an obsessing about this a bit. I am a 36 year old man, married with 3 children by the way.

• May 22, 2013 at 8:07 am

Find a different neurologist. I had seen one for a second opinion, and I had my MRI films and report. Just like your neurologist it wasn’t enough, even though the first neurologists said it was MS. His opinion was that I didn’t meet his criteria for MS.

• May 22, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Did you eventually get diagnosed?

• May 22, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Yes the first neurologist was correct, three months total before it was confirmed.

• May 24, 2013 at 2:45 am

The road to diagnosis can be an ETREMELY long & trying process. Ive been trying to get confirmation for about 3 years. I have 3 small lessions also, my 2 neuros both said they didn't think I have MS for the same reasons (theyre too small, not too many of them bla bla bla). But I still have MS symptoms. I know some MSers who have NO lessions with confirmed MS. Nueros have to be very detail orientated, also have to be able to see the big picture with reguard to MS patients, both tend to be rare traits in Nueros. Be your own advocate in ALL aspects of ur care. ALWAYS experiment with homeopathic, alternative therapies, diets, herbs etc… until you find something that works, no matter what ur docs say.

sleekcartim

• May 27, 2013 at 6:00 am

Hey, Matt…..kinda glad you have not been on this post…hopefully because you are too busy having a great time with your girl friend. Miss your input though, always.

On reading the last remarks, I will add a bit of my story. Readers Digest version…..left work on a short term disability, went to a Dr. ordered by my Insurance….he suggested MS, after 8 hours of investigation with me, I went to a Neuro, who said….I hate doing this, because YOU do not have MS, but the Insurance demands I do this. So, he sent me to have an MRI and then I saw another Neuro, who told me I, without question, had MS. That was 10 years ago. Thank goodness, for the Independent Dr. ordered by my Insurance Co. If it wasn't for him, I think I would be either "silent" or "insane". My God, it is so hard for us, who people don't believe or understand what is happening to us, our minds, or our bodies.

I now know, at the age of 63, I have had MS, since I was in my teens. No doubt….looking back….lots of symptoms that I did not understand and put it off to what was happening in my personal life to try to find a reason, for what I was experiencing.

I understand and get it! Keep moving forward, please….see other Drs and whoever will finally listen to you, I mean…really 'listen' to you.

Mary

• May 28, 2013 at 4:49 am

haha thanks all, i will just say this; most neurologist (in my experience) think they are a step down from God, so if an ER doctor basically throws a diagnosis at you there is a good chance a typical neurologist will think "no way am I going to prove some ER doctor right, you don't have MS" so see a different neurologist at a different hospital because if you see another one there they will support the first neurologist as they are colleagues.

• May 29, 2013 at 12:02 am

My 1st ER experience was Identical… ER doc (after hours of tests) thought I had MS. All the other docs ive had since tell me no, BUT they cant explain why I have MS symptoms.

sleekcartim

• May 29, 2013 at 3:25 am

sound like they just can't explain why you DONT have MS haha… that's why I say when you go for a second opinion always go to a different hospital….

• May 29, 2013 at 8:18 pm

well I did finally find a MS specialist doc in a diff hospital (took many months till I could get an appointment). She wants to see me when symptoms flare, but havnt for long time. I do keep having symptoms, even new one or two from time to time, but not what I would consider a flare so… I have a feeling 5K vit D a day is keeping the flare away

sleekcartim

• June 13, 2013 at 5:07 pm

That is pretty interesting… Sucks because to get help you need to be unhealthy but your healthy right now which means you are not getting the help you want…. ugh….