7 thoughts on “Sensory Overload – I Feel Stressed

• January 5, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I hope you did some research… I dont know what sensory overload is but I will google if after this…since I am always too hot or too cold. Have you told your Doctor? anyways it is awful to live jumpy like you have been

• January 6, 2013 at 5:08 am

I told his office, they said do not worry. I still need to research it but the jumpy thing is what i hate the most!!!! I have heard of other MS patients dealing with sensory overload but it does not seem all that common… hmmm….

• February 1, 2013 at 4:17 am

wow doesn't that sound all too familiar. I hate it tried Kolopin it seems to help a bit but not entirely. Keeping my world calm seems to still be the best way of keeping it at a tolerable level.

• February 1, 2013 at 5:58 am

Yeah, I thought about asking for Klonopin (clonazepam) as I have been on it before and it is not as sedative as other benzodiazepines but so far prevention seems to work best although I have not tried looking into it much yet…

• October 11, 2013 at 10:18 pm

The technical term for loudness of normal sound is hyperacusis. This is just one factor in sensory overload. Throw in balance issues and light sensitivity (photophobia) then dealing with everyday situations becomes overwhelming.

I have had some recent success using gabapentin for neuropathic pain and muscle spasticity. Don't know how it works for the issues you mentioned though.

• October 12, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Yes, I have heard of it after I wrote this, I need to make a more detailed and up to date post about this symptom since it still has not (an probably never will) gone away. Gabapentin did not help for ANYTHING… :/

• April 1, 2016 at 9:54 am

I am in sensory overload to weeks ive been feeling this way sorta like a subwoofer is strapped to my head vibrating me senseless. I dont jump so much but am easily anger in confusion. Too many people talking to me at once or things moving to fast i tend to lash out. i go to dr today, haven't worked in a week between this and the pain ive been in my body just wants to sleep!! Sorry for my spelling and grammatical errors its hard to focus on the screen.