Hey Look, No Cane!

Well OK, I don’t use my cane at home, it has been that way for a while now but what was cool was, I went out to eat last night and I though “you know what? I am going cane-less!”. Haha I was kind of insecure at first but I just went for it an you know what? I didn’t have any problems! It felt… Weird… Like I was missing something, forgetting something. That cane has become an extension of my body so not having it was like not having my arm. Also, when I was walking around, I did not know what to do with my hand! I forgot how to “properly” walk in public because I am so used to that “crutch”. Don’t get me wrong, it felt good, it felt, normal… Whatever that is!

I still need to smooth out my gate but hey, I walked on my own, in public, without a cane, first time in like a year! I am so glad I am on Tysabri! It is letting me work towards a better health! Yay! But… I am not sure what to do with all that money I raised with the fundraiser? I put it all in a Paypal account (As putting it in the bank would shut off my benefits since I have a $2,000 cap) so it has just been sitting there. I don’t think I am going to need those stem cells anymore but 3 grand? That is a lot of money! I wish I could just return it all but it doesn’t look like I can, so, what the heck do I do?? Any advice would be appreciated. I will post on my Facebook page today!

So today I have to take care of a few errands and then?.. I am not sure, it is way to cold for a walk! It was 22F (-5C) last I checked! Plus there is a very light breeze so, that is not good for a walk! I would have thought otherwise a year ago but now if my legs get too cold the spasticity kicks into over drive and it has been pretty unnoticeable lately so I would like to keep it that way! Just wanted to make note of the cane thing! I still need it but I think I can slowly start working on braking away from it as my balance improves, we will see!

8 Responses to Hey Look, No Cane!

Awesome Matt!!!

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I think you should use the money to improve your health in other ways (like going to Ireland):D
    I certainly would´nt mind. You deserve it after all you´ve been through!!

haha well, idk, I wish more people would answer but no one really is except like 2 people on facebook! BLAH! lol!

Hey, the money was raised for YOU so don´t give it away!
    If people had wanted to donate to something else, they would have done so….
    Doesn´t matter how you use it-imho the money is yours!

lol well they raised the money for my HEALTH so I feel I need to be EXTRA responsible!

You certainly have really improved. I am so happy for you! That is a big deal for sure. Have your cognitive symptoms improved at all?

In my personal opinion, even though I didn't give to your fund, I think you should just leave it in place. You know we never have an idea what our future holds. There is no rush to make a decision right now.

The important thing is you are upfront and honest about the money and after all it is for you are your well being. Hold on for awhile, year or two, look at your situation and maybe you will need it later for the newest, greatest, research providing us with an even better drug….that could be expensive.

If you find in the next few years, you keep improving (hope you do), then you can maybe pay it forward to others who may need it.

All the best to you! Mare

Thanks! And I can't say I see any, my memory still sucks! And that is what I was thinking but I worry about leaving it in paypal, I have to check if they are FDIC insured…