Percocet (acetaminophen and oxycodone ):
This medication is used to
relieve moderate to severe pain.
“Percocet contains a combination of
acetaminophen and oxycodone. Oxycodone is in a group of drugs called
opioid pain relievers. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic.
Acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that increases the
effects of oxycodone. Percocet is used to relieve moderate to severe pain.
Percocet may also be used for purposes not listed in this
medication guide.” –Drugs.com
how this medication can be habit forming so be careful!
Possible Side Effects:
- shallow breathing, slow heartbeat
- feeling light-headed, fainting
- confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior
- seizure (convulsions)
- problems with urination
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark
urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- feeling dizzy or drowsy
- mild nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, constipation
- blurred vision
- dry mouth