sometimes used to treat fatigue.
“Amantadine is an antiviral medication. It blocks the actions of
viruses in your body. Amantadine is used to treat and to prevent influenza A (a viral
infection). There may be some flu seasons during which amantadine is
not recommended because certain flu strains may be resistant to this
Amantadine is also used to treat Parkinson’s disease and
“Parkinson-like” symptoms such as stiffness and shaking
that may be caused by the use of certain drugs.
Amantadine may also be used for other purposes not listed in this
This medication did absolutely nothing for me except maybe make me
short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- feeling depressed, agitated, or aggressive;
- behavior changes, hallucinations, thoughts of hurting
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- high fever, stiff muscles, confusion, sweating, fast or
uneven heartbeats, rapid breathing, feeling like you might pass out;
- restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck;
- tremor (uncontrolled shaking).
- dizziness, drowsiness, headache;
- sleep problems (insomnia), strange dreams;
- feeling nervous;
- nausea, diarrhea, constipation, loss of appetite;
- dry mouth, dry nose; or
- loss of balance or coordination.