Here Comes The Sun, Yesterday Was Great!

Had a really good day yesterday, might even go as far as to say it was the best day of the year so far! I felt, good, normal. I could walk pretty well without my cane, was not all that dizzy, no pain, everything felt good! Oh yeah I should mention, I am back on the road! Driving for the first time this year was a tad intimidating because going from a hospital room doing nothing to watching traffic zoom around, the road, looking for potential danger, weather effects on the road, etc, etc… it’s all just information overload! My brain does not know how to prioritize the information! But after 2 days I can feel that calming down, not ready for long trips anytime soon but around town? Yeah I got that.

So yesterday was great because I got to be independent! I woke up, got in the car, and went to Home depot to pick up a few things for the yard and soon to be garden. Came home, fixed the last broken sprinkler (no more water hose, yay!), set up the sprinkler hose thing on stakes in the garden, and fenced off the orange tree that needs to grow! I want oranges! I know it takes a while but still! But yes, got to use power tools and I did some work, it felt good!

Oh yeah, check out this lizard I caught while working in my garden! I let him go in the front planter, huge guy! See I am still quick, just not on my feet!

Ended my day at Starbucks with an old friend from work, we talked for a while, bumped into my ex, and yup, interesting night. Tried some vegie juice drink think, since they do not sell naked juice brand anymore, and it was the most horrible $6.00 drink I have ever tasted! Horrible is an understatement! I forced myself to drink most of it because it was freekin $6.00 but I will NEVER buy that again! YUCK!

Almost forgot, also went to Target, was looking for some gluten free snacks. I mostly bought fruit and some Chex cereal and more rice milk. Here is what sucked. I bumped into an old friend I have not seen in years, as we were talking I thought I was grabbing a bag of oranges. Got home and started peeling one. It didn’t really look right but I though maybe it has just been a long time since I have seen an orange? Took a bite and… @#$%^&*() I spite it out! I don’t know how to describe the taste but come to find out I bought a bag of grape fruit! That is what cog fog can do to you, can NOT multi-task!

So beside those two fowl substances I got to taste, my day was really nice! I can not tell you how good it feels to drive alone with the windows down, I felt like nothing is wrong with me, I love it!

15 Responses to Here Comes The Sun, Yesterday Was Great!

1. Minakitty says:

🙂

Cool liz pic. Perhaps someone u know does like grapefruit? That would be a nice token of friendship to them. Congrats on a great day, Matt!

Haha thanks, glad he was mellow so i could get close!
    Going to give them to my dad to take to work, someone there has to like em haha±

awesome! good for you! see ur whole life isnt & wont be shit. it will be a roller coaster ride, which will remind you to savor what good times you DO have all the more, which is a lesson we can all appreciate. Here's to better days!

can totally relate to the cog fog thing lol. when i had that last flare i was scared to drive cuz i couldnt process the driving experience fast enough in real time

sleekcartim

"which will remind you to savor what good times you DO have all the more,"

I will always keep that in mind because today I have vertigo. Overnight it changed in a flash. Can't walk, everything is spinning. So I will!

Glad to hear you had a great day and FELT NORMAL. That's really great. Nice post too with the pics.

Alex

7. MS Cherokee says:

Glad you had such an awesome day Matt and love the lizard picture – very cool! And I just had to laugh about the grapefruit incident. If we lived close, I'd take the grapefruit off your hands as I absolutely love it.

As far as your vertigo, have you tested your blood pressure lately? I've been taking lots of supplements for my MS and come to find out, most of them are also recommended for high blood pressure. I purchased a home blood pressure monitor and whenever I'm feeling very dizzy and lightheaded, I take my blood pressure and it's quite low. Wonder if the supplements could be causing the same thing for you? Just a thought.

My mom has one, should have checked, but it's an old school manual one, is that what you have?

By the way, THANKS ALL! I hope today turns around!

9. MS Cherokee says:

Mine is a digital wrist cuff design, but manual's work just fine. I would be curious if your BP is low when you are extremely dizzy too. This morning I was very dizzy just sitting at my computer. Took my BP and was 87/51! I feel better now, took my BP and I'm now 100/71, still low but not drastic. If you find you are consistently low, you may have to research the supplements you are taking to see if that could be the cause.

well I am practically in the hospital as much as I am home this year and my BP is ALWAYS normal. This just comes and goes every once in a while, but I would still be interested to!

Two random thoughts:
    I never thought of my head as a "limb" like my arm–who does anyway. Well, the octopus in the ocean has an interesting evolutionary history, for those who care to know. There is a connection maybe. Weird, I know.

Todd

Not sure I understand what you are getting at?..

Just an intuition, really. As there are underwater fish that have been found to fight cancer with a substance produced in their body, perhaps scientists will find something in an octopus which might be extracted or synthesized that could help heal MS. I know, that doesn't help us now, but maybe some brilliant scientist will get some new idea and make a discovery–they are always discovering things about the ocean nowadays. And hasn't your face or head or tongue ever been numb from MS? Just like the arms and legs do. I won't even bring up the itching. And the eyes of the octopus have a genetic similarity with human eyes. Look it up in any science book!

In addition, the tentacles may contain brain-level animal intelligence–but in those octopus arms instead of in its middle! I think I heard about it on NPR last year. I love the way science grows and BRANCHES out into the unknown from the known. I know, another bit of useless information to help us.

Useless but interesting nonetheless. I think I have heard something about that before???