Red Meat Is Bad For MS

I have read it over and over, I know the science behind it, but I never really felt it til recently, red meat is just bad for MS. Among the many reasons for this, it is a major inflammatory substance which can worsen MS symptoms. Some people say they feel the effects within an hour of ingestion, but me? Usually takes a day or so. I had a steak last night, it was good, but I regret it now. Where I was once not so sensitive to dietary factors I now seem to be noticing some ill effects with certain foods.

Woke up this morning with very weak, jello-y, legs. All day today they have just felt useless and are making getting around very difficult. My vision is also really bad today, very fuzzy, glasses help though. I have not really noticed anything else but the leg thing is definitely bad enough to make me think I should not do red meat too much anymore, this has been horrible. I feel like I should be in a wheelchair but you know me, unless I absolutely have to, I probably will not do it…

Well, just making a note of it, so that is it for now, later!

14 thoughts on “Red Meat Is Bad For MS

• August 20, 2012 at 5:55 am

Matt, you are so articulate. You thoughts and the way you talk is almost identical to me. Thank you for being in my life, the Super T-Cell.

• August 20, 2012 at 3:42 pm

See, funny, I feel I have been growing lazy with my writing, cutting corners, I am always so tired. Wish I wrote like I once did… Thanks!

• August 20, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Ditto that, me too! Pick up the general essence of you two or three past goals, the core quality of it I say. There are only so many hours each day. Or let the full force of negativity fly, but with a glimmer of hope. Forget what I said, it's just so easy for me to advice. Redictulous!!! Matt is the advice of logical wisdom. Love, The Super T-Cell.

• August 21, 2012 at 1:30 am

Check out http://www.myelinrepair.org. Click on article to the right on stem cell clinical trial conducted by the Cleveland Clinic, which this organization is funding.

• August 21, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Thanks Matt. I think you picture of that deep flaming itch on your arm should be shown to every newly diagnosed person with MS. That picture is progress in defining what I could never before put to words–all description falls short for me. You have visually nailed the experience. Do more pictures that communicate what we experience please. Best, The Super T-Cell ps. I saw that vid of hope:)

• August 22, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Matt,

The promise of diet is fewer exacerbations and less progression. Read Swank's book. But yes, I believe simple inflammation can also affect us in our symptoms. Also, when inflammation is down our bodies have a chance to heal.

I recommend adopting a whole life change on diet, exercise and meditation. Check this out: http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis.org/Recovery-Program/Program-Overview/

This is the best and based on the best science. But you have to stick with it for a few years before it starts working and not keep changing things around. You've been on and off meds, started and stopped diets. I think you have to give it a good shot.

Alex

• August 24, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Matt,

Please do the stem cell trial thing at the Cleveland Clinic — see if you met the criteria — Please!

• August 25, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Thanks for that utube vid you made. i thought i was vigilent, but you are to the nth degree. You're amazing! i still have not seen all your MS work yet. Bit by bit, i guess ill view them. Any suggestions you want to give me? Hugs to you, the feel good kind! Super T-Cell.

• August 25, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Sorry! I have been in the hospital, boo! Will writ about it soon! But yes, I follow the Myelin repair foundation and I think diet CAN be good but it is soooo hard to figure out what to follow…. The rest of this year will be a new start for me, will be trying lots and updating here of course. Much more work to come!

• August 28, 2012 at 7:26 am

I just stumble into your blog… I am sorry about your MS.
    I'm 38 years old and I was diagnosed with MS in June 2009, but thankfully, I haven't had major exacerbations since 2010. I forget about about my MS until it is time for my weekly shot of Avonex, and then I rant about it… I just realize how lucky I've been.
    I still hate Avonex though.

Keep it up! Good luck!

• August 28, 2012 at 9:38 am

I wish I could forget about it for even ONE day, but nope haha not yet… Don't be sorry though, I will turn this into something good in time!