Red Meat Is Bad For MS

I have read it over and over, I know the science behind it, but I never really felt it til recently, red meat is just bad for MS. Among the many reasons for this, it is a major inflammatory substance which can worsen MS symptoms. Some people say they feel the effects within an hour of ingestion, but me? Usually takes a day or so. I had a steak last night, it was good, but I regret it now. Where I was once not so sensitive to dietary factors I now seem to be noticing some ill effects with certain foods.

Woke up this morning with very weak, jello-y, legs. All day today they have just felt useless and are making getting around very difficult. My vision is also really bad today, very fuzzy, glasses help though. I have not really noticed anything else but the leg thing is definitely bad enough to make me think I should not do red meat too much anymore, this has been horrible. I feel like I should be in a wheelchair but you know me, unless I absolutely have to, I probably will not do it…

Well, just making a note of it, so that is it for now, later!

14 Responses to Red Meat Is Bad For MS

Matt, you are so articulate. You thoughts and the way you talk is almost identical to me. Thank you for being in my life, the Super T-Cell.

See, funny, I feel I have been growing lazy with my writing, cutting corners, I am always so tired. Wish I wrote like I once did… Thanks!

Ditto that, me too! Pick up the general essence of you two or three past goals, the core quality of it I say. There are only so many hours each day. Or let the full force of negativity fly, but with a glimmer of hope. Forget what I said, it's just so easy for me to advice. Redictulous!!! Matt is the advice of logical wisdom. Love, The Super T-Cell.

Check out http://www.myelinrepair.org. Click on article to the right on stem cell clinical trial conducted by the Cleveland Clinic, which this organization is funding.

Thanks Matt. I think you picture of that deep flaming itch on your arm should be shown to every newly diagnosed person with MS. That picture is progress in defining what I could never before put to words–all description falls short for me. You have visually nailed the experience. Do more pictures that communicate what we experience please. Best, The Super T-Cell ps. I saw that vid of hope:)

6. I completely understand how diet influences MS but no one ever touches on how you're taught to eat a certain way and it's damn near impossible to successfully reverse once you're an adult. Having MS is fun.

Matt,

The promise of diet is fewer exacerbations and less progression. Read Swank's book. But yes, I believe simple inflammation can also affect us in our symptoms. Also, when inflammation is down our bodies have a chance to heal.

I recommend adopting a whole life change on diet, exercise and meditation. Check this out: http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis.org/Recovery-Program/Program-Overview/

This is the best and based on the best science. But you have to stick with it for a few years before it starts working and not keep changing things around. You've been on and off meds, started and stopped diets. I think you have to give it a good shot.

Alex

Matt,

Please do the stem cell trial thing at the Cleveland Clinic — see if you met the criteria — Please!

Thanks for that utube vid you made. i thought i was vigilent, but you are to the nth degree. You're amazing! i still have not seen all your MS work yet. Bit by bit, i guess ill view them. Any suggestions you want to give me? Hugs to you, the feel good kind! Super T-Cell.

Sorry! I have been in the hospital, boo! Will writ about it soon! But yes, I follow the Myelin repair foundation and I think diet CAN be good but it is soooo hard to figure out what to follow…. The rest of this year will be a new start for me, will be trying lots and updating here of course. Much more work to come!

11. Eri says:

I just stumble into your blog… I am sorry about your MS.
    I'm 38 years old and I was diagnosed with MS in June 2009, but thankfully, I haven't had major exacerbations since 2010. I forget about about my MS until it is time for my weekly shot of Avonex, and then I rant about it… I just realize how lucky I've been.
    I still hate Avonex though.

Keep it up! Good luck!

I wish I could forget about it for even ONE day, but nope haha not yet… Don't be sorry though, I will turn this into something good in time!

13. Eri says: