6 thoughts on “Matts MS – Symptom Update: Depression and cog Fog

• August 3, 2012 at 12:24 am

Sounds like you're feeling pretty hopeless. I was wondering if you have ever heard about vocational rehab? They help you get a job or work towards a career you can do. They will also help you with schooling for a career.

• August 3, 2012 at 2:14 am

Hello I just started reading your blog. I first seen your video on youtube and can't believe how similar our symptoms are. I appreciate you having this blog. It definitely feels better knowing somebody else has very similar symptoms, almost to the tea (not sure I spelled that right)…lol. Anyway, in a video I seen on youtube you were talking about a medication you were taking for your acne. I am recently diagnosed but it was last year when my symptoms started making a difference in my life. I suddenly got paralyzed and stop taking my acne medication in case that was a factor. I have since been taking spironactone (I hope that's how you spell it). it has helped my acne sooo much and I have not seen any affects on my ms. The brain fog, depression, my friggin right eye and left body, irritates me to say the least. I feel you brotha! Look forward to your next post! :). ***Maria***

• August 3, 2012 at 3:42 am

Matt when you get to feeling you have no purpose or no hope for your future please take a minute to step back and realize all of us that you have helped to understand this illness and not feel alone. The post from Maria is a good example. So don't feel that all of this is in vain because you are doing a good thing with taking the time to explain your symptoms and even the hard times you go through. I do like to hear about the positive things when you're doing well too. Hopefully you get to post what it's like to wake up completely ms free.

• August 3, 2012 at 3:52 am

I have not looked into that Judy, might be good.

Maria, glad it made you feel better, if you are on facebook, I can give you a link. I have it up here somewhere but I think I hid it when I was in the hospital, too much activity haha…

• August 4, 2012 at 7:28 am

Matt,

Depression is funny in that you think that because you have a good reason to be depressed that the real problem isn't the depression. There are disabled people who are happy. Treat the depression and meanwhile your MS will be better.

Seriously, it's not reality in your way – it's depression. You are not feeling this way because of what has happened to you. MS causes depression in the brain.

Alex

• August 6, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I have been dealing with depression since my hi school days haha, so I have had much time to think of the characteristic of my depression, not saying there is nothing to learn, there is ALWAYS something to learn, just saying that it isn't like I have not though about it haha!