I Could NOT Sleep, Major Insomnia?

Well actually, I don’t know that it was actually insomnia because I fell asleep a few times but could not STAY asleep. I partially could not stay asleep just because I was having a hard time sleeping and partially because I was in pain and was trying to not use the last of my 3 Norcos. I settled for half of one,,, It did not help, should have just used a full pill.

So I kept waking up all night, in fact, I even just got up at one point because I was so awake. Went back to bed, tried to sleep, finally my eyes shut, and I had a restless dream. I was at Walmart with my family, we were checking out in the garden section, and the clerk was an idiot. Wanted to use the hand scanner for everything but it was not working. He was spending a few minutes on each item and the line was building while we just stood there staring, waiting, waiting. I eventually just start scanning everything myself using the built in scanner. Finished everything except a few items that needed the gun while he fiddled with some bananas. I was so mad in the dream and I woke up mad because of it!

So I did not get any sleep last night and I woke up in a bad mood. Bad way to start the day. Got up early and went in the backyard to water the grass and the side yard where I plan on starting a garden for my juicing. Will talk about that later. I hate that I can do just a little work, I want to spend my morning working on everything but I can only do a little at once. I know, I am glad I can even do that but it’s just frustrating not being able to work like I used to because my body gives out before I actually feel tired… I want to be able to dedicate a Sunday to yard work and a Home Depot run but I just can’t anymore…

Before I go, just want to mention, my hands have felt pretty weird the last two days. Kind of like a buzzing sensation, not pins and needles, buzzing. If I dipped my hands in liquid electricity, this is how I would imagine it feeling. They were burning and aching so bad last night as if someone took a hammer to all my finger joints. It was horrible…

10 thoughts on “I Could NOT Sleep, Major Insomnia?

• August 28, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Dear Matt,

After viewing your mug for many weeks, I see the importance of genetics for us both. I moved to NorCal at about the age you are now. In retrospect, I think this change altered the progression, but sometimes it doesn't feel that way. Also, it's weird that our physical features are so similar dude! I do hope you feel better-ish.

• August 28, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Lol you still in Nor-Cal? I think location will help change, I am thinking washington near Canada, nice and cold compared to here!

• August 28, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I'm still here and kicking, my legs. Don't forget, we SoCal boys really love the sunshine, but it doesn't always like us. It may not simply be the cold that effects /affects us, but alterations in the humidity as well, with sun later. High humidity actually might make MS a lot worse initially, so experiment safely to find out what works best. Please give it time, time.

• August 28, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Haha not me, I don't like the sun, I would be happy in muggy weather all year but yes, I ALWAYS experiment safely haha…..

• August 28, 2012 at 11:54 pm

May the voyage bring relief and much needed peace.

• August 29, 2012 at 12:51 am

Matt you keep having the same symptoms at same time as me, your freakin me 0ut lol. last few nights i havnt slept well at all. lately fatique has been kickin my ass bad, even my breathing is labored. Ff i push it, ill feel like passing out. can i ask when you have pins & needles & numb arms & hands, does it last a long time each time, or does it come & go? Mine comes & goes, sometimes it's really bad, wakes me up etc…

If you or anyone decides to move, i suggest moving to Mass. Boston has excellent hospitals & docs (some of the best in the world). State run 'Masshealth' (romney care) is the best in the country for poor ppl, but you have to be a resident here for 2 years (i think) to get on it. Of coarse medicare will be accepted anytime / anywhere until republicans find a way to kill it to pay their already rich masters (big pharma, big oil etc…), er i mean "job creators".

I complain about going thru bad docs, but im not close enough to boston to get to the most selection… There is an EXCELLENT MS doc in Worcester MA, i can hook you up with, but may be a long wait.

sleekcartim

• August 29, 2012 at 1:12 am

IDK if I can move that way, I am a west coast guy haha… But we will see when that day comes, it will be a while though. Yes, I have pins needles/numb hands but I have had it so long I don't feel it anymore unless I really pause and think about it haha….

• August 30, 2012 at 3:34 am

I would like to join this blog but just took something for sleep and need to go. I am a 36 yo female with ms. Since 1998. A 15 yo daughter and a 27 month old daughter. And I need a change whether it be by diet medication or another avenue I'm sick if feeling like I'm laying around at every opportunity.-Jen

• August 31, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I feel the same way. Well, joining my blog/subscribe and I will be posting my new journey in search for what works for me and maybe it will help you!