Time For Another Brake

OK, I am obviously not doing to well mentally. This is for a million reasons but really, what it boils down to, is I need a brake. My life is 95% MS saturated. I have talked about it before but I need to stop talking and start DOING. I don’t know how or what I will do I just know that yes, I want to and will stay dedicated to MS but I need ME TIME, a time and place I can go to in order to try to “escape” and “forget” about MS because it is running wild in my head, driving me nuts, and destroying my health. I need some time away from the blog, Facebook, the group, everything so that I can just think and really figure out what the hell I need to do with my life, to GIVE myself a life. How I am existing right now is no way to live and I am not doing anything to move forward. Something. lots of things, need to change. I never wanted MS to become my identity and look at me, it has, and I need to fix that, I need to be Matt again. So, I’ll return shortly.

11 Responses to Time For Another Brake

1. A suggestion: Start another blog that has nothing to do with MS, and force yourself to write about everything BUT MS. Don't even announce it here. It will be your own little secret life.

Matt – You probably won't read this for awhile and others will add to the list of things you could try. Family genealogy is a great way to keep busy. There are a lot of sites on the net and you can do a lot of research without paying anything.

I wonder if is there a social group in your area – through church or other organization – which you could join – even if you may not be able to join in the activity at times, you will be mixing with others and maybe find a nice young sort to keep you company!
    Best Wishes
    Elaine

3. Jillian says:

Hi Matt

I cannot believe You are out there. Your life sounds do much like mine. I look great but have difficulty doing the most mundane stuff. I JUST REMEMBERED THE CAPS. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO EXPLAIN TO THE WORLD THAT IT TOOK 3 HOURS TO GET FROM BED TO THE BATHROOM OR THAT SHOWERING CAN BE SO EXHAUSTING THAT A NAP IS NEEDES FROM THE EFFORT.
    THIS US MY 5th AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE. IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET DIAGNOSED AND I HAD TO SEPARATE FROM MY HUSBAND WHO THINKS I AM LAZY AND DON'T WANtT TO WORK. HE IS A HUGE BULLY. IT WAS EXTREMELY DIFFUCULT TO GET MEDICAL CARE WITH HIM BLOCKING MY WAY. AND I HAVE 3 KIDS.
    I KNOW THAT YOU DON'T WANT MS TO IDENTIFY YOU. AND IT DOESN'T. YOU ARE AN AMAZING PERSON WHO IS FUNNY AND CREATIVE WHILE COMING TO TERMS WITH YOUR LIFE. I'VE BEEN SICK MY ENTIRE ADULT LIFE AND SPEND MY TIME DODGING SIDE EFFECTS. I SEARCHED ONLINE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT MY WEAKENING VISION AND FOUND YOU. YOU ARE INSPIRING BECAUSE YOU ARE PROOF I AM NOT ALONE. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY JOURNEY AND WHAT DID AND DIDN'T WORK. WHEN YOU ARE READY, LET ME KNOW.
    BEST
    JILL

I GET IT! ENJOY YOUR BREAK!

WITH UNDERSTANDING,

MARY-ELLEN

5. MS Cherokee says:

MATT, I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING AND YOU ARE RIGHT, YOU CANNOT LET THIS DAMNED DISEASE DEFINE YOU. ELAINE HAD A COOL SUGGESTION. ONLINE GENEALOGY – IT'S ADDICTING! I WILL START RESEARCHING MY ANCESTORS AND LOOK UP AND THREE HOURS HAVE GONE BY. LOL I ALSO PLAY WEB-BASED GAMES AS AN ESCAPE FROM THE DAY TO DAY BS. TAKE CARE, TAKE A BREAK AND FIND SOMETHING THAT YOU ENJOY DOING!

Matt,

you seem to have an artistic eye. Why not find a way to offer your services to an orginization, charity, local buisness, etc. You don't need to make any money (though that could be nice), but you can do something outside of yourself.

Alex

I do not know you, I just stumbled across your site – sending healing thoughts to you.

~bonnie

Let go of your blog. Develop whatever you can for yourself. My MS nurse told me that the people that do the best with MS are those that only make it a part of your life. There are plenty of resources for your following to explore. http://www.msconnection.org

Thank you everyone, I definitely need a separte from MS life… I don't know where to start, did not get as much thinking time as I would have liked, ended up back in the hospital… BAH….

Jillian, Hit me up mattalleng@yahoo.com

I hope you have a good break.

Alex

Thanks, haha trying to END it… BAH….