This World is NOT Handi-Accessible

OK, my walking is falling apart probably from stress so I am reunited with my wheel chair. Yay. Decided to try to make it down the street, 1 mile, to Target. I needed some independence. Forgot the sidewalk ended and since I have indoor wheels it was not Fun.

On my way back I had this dirt hill to battle. Cop on top did not offer to help. Just watched and than asked if I saw some kids run by. I…. I was so mad, I wish I did see them so i could have told him no.

Giant truck started honking his horn at me because I was not crossing the street fast enough so I stopped, looked him in the eye, and gave him a sturdy finger. I have been in a bad mood so do not mess with me.

9 Responses to This World is NOT Handi-Accessible

NO COMMENTS.

2. MS Cherokee says:

Matt, were you able to get the used wheelchair? Judging by these pics, you almost need it to navigate the terrain! As far as the finger salute, I would have done the same. People are too damned impatient anymore.

3. Amy says:

Matt, I was wondering if you had ever heard of or tried LDN for your MS? It has done wonderful things for many people. I am currently starting my journey on it…all other meds have failed for me. Went from diagnosis to bed ridden in 1 year. :S Up and down like a roller coaster for the last 2 years…going to see where this takes me. The success stories are amazing though. 🙂 You should google LDN and MS if you haven't already.

Matt i’ve been following your blog for ages. Your unwavering positive attitude and the eloquent manor in which you describe your experiences are both humbling and amazing. You are a young man and yet you handle life with great dignity.
    I have been experiencing strange neuro symptoms for as long as you have been writing your blog – although they have never been as severe as yours (no-where near).
    I was first drawn to your blog after I googled my symptoms 18months ago. My GP (dr) ordered, three MRI’s, blood tests, EMG’s etc all of which returned negative results so diagnosed my problems as psychosomatic. Fine. I will continue to live with the constant symptoms until I fall over.
    Enough about me … one question.
    Have you ever considered the subject of HSCT treatment. I understand that there are both positive and negative aspects but I would appreciate your views on this treatment.
    All the best Matt – keep on keeping on.
    Sam

5. Paul says:

Hey Matt, youtube "Dr Terry Wahls- minding your mitochondria." She had some advanced MS. But through research, adjusted her diet and has recovered from it. The youtube channel i believe is "TedXIowaCity"

Hope this helps, Paul

Thinking of you!

Sure have been thinking of you lately. Hope you are coping with all the daily living right now. It has to be so very hard.

Your words are important for too many reasons to mention. One thing….when you said before that trying to describe a symptom was like saying (something like) How do you describe how a song…smells? That gave me food for thought because when we have these weird symptoms, our english language is not adequate to be able to convey what we actually feel like inside. Those kind of words and comments make it much easier for us to be anble to help our doctors and others understand how extremely hard it is to describe what we are actually going through.
    Also, your young age and your struggles in an odd way, help me because I am 62 and when I fumble in my MS ways, others say oh yah, me too, that happens to me too…..that's what getting older does to you!!!! Inside, I'm thinking, here we go again….just because my body is older….isn't the reason for my own invisible symptoms of multiple sclerosis!
    Ha ha ha ha …..I'm feeling like I should get the copies of my MRI reports, keep them in my purse and produce them to others and say THIS IS REQUIRED READING and then tell me if you think this has anything to do with aging. (I can tell the difference of my MS symptoms and my 62 year old symptoms)

In your book, a section on ways to explain to others about the weird symptoms we all feel, with your poetic words…will be a best seller. (it wouldn't only apply to MS, but to others disorders too)

Even a Fatigue Scale would be interesting since fatigue is so subjective, maybe if we could have a analogy for the various types of fatigue, it wold be very helpful. Like for instance, saying when your legs are tired, they feel like 10 pounds of sugar is tied to each leg along with cement shoes!

Maybe you could add more words to our English language tht don't exist now! ha ha ha ha….can't wait to see what you come up with!

I strongly believe you will come out of this dark hole you are in right now because your soul and spirit will see you through.

Don't question why…..just know you have the ability to reach so many people in your own special, caring and lighthearted way, that only you possess. You are one of a kind. You have much to contribute to this world of ours.

I want to order some T-shirts. I live in Canada, so how do you ship them up to British Columbia, and how much for shirt and shipping?

Mary-Ellen

OK Wow, so sorry I let all this back up, I have not been myself and my emails and FB and youtube and Blog are all just so overwhelming… FIRST I tried LDN but they gave me 4.5mg right away and I could not handle it…. So stopped…

HSCT treatment? Not sure what that is?

Mary-Ellen – I have too much to sy to you and my hands will not allow me to type right now,keep in rouch, I will bare mind to all you have said when I write my book and blog!

Oh and YES, got that wheel chair but needs some work. Would take me 30 mins before all this MS BS but now the pieces have been sitting there for days, stupid hands…..