Progress – Walking (Video)

Practicing “walking” with a cane for the first time…

21 Responses to Progress – Walking (Video)

1. linda barry mac manus says:

good stuff Matt…u are a real Trooper!!! so very very PROUD of u.. keep up the great work my friend… hugs hugs hugs

linda xx

2. Go Matt, walking your way to wellness!

Great job, Matt! And welcome back, you were missed.

THANK YOU! I am still improving so I am grateful for that!

5. amber d* says:

My dad has had MS for about 31 years, and growing up I can never remember a time he didn't have a cane. So even though you say it may look pathetic on video just taking those steps, it doesn't at ALL. Awesome job!!

6. Feverant says:

Yeah, the wheelchair sux, you have bounced back bro!

7. sleekcartim says:

You making good progress in a short time! That aquarium makes me nervous. trust me you dont want to bring that down on you when u fall, or crash into it head first.

8. MS Cherokee says:

You are doing so good Matt. Glad to see you posting videos again. 🙂

haha I know it looks like an aquarium but no worries its not, just netting to protect my plants.

But thanks all! When I talked about pathetic I meant the few steps, I'll probably use a cane for ever, going to attract all the girls in school, hahaha a 21/22 year old with a cane, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! pft……

10. Victoria says:

U might say that on the vid u look pathetic but to me u look anything but. Glad to c ur doing better!!!!Tell everyone I say hi!!!
    Luv ya,
    Victoria

OH AND THNX GUYS, AND KANE, I HAVE A FEELING I WILL BE STUCK IN ONE WITHIN THE NEXT 10 YEARS, WILL HAVE TO TURN INTO A HEALTH NUT……

12. Mr. Claus says:

Good to see you up and about, Matt! About the cane… you had that House M.D. thing going on and I think it works on girls on their 20s hahaha

But honestly, the fact that you didn't just give up is a great sign of strength. I've always thought that all the shit that happens slowly takes away from us – not only with our MS, but everything in life – but to be quite honest, I think we do become stronger. It may sound like a corny after school special line, but living through these things shapes us to be better people, I think.

Wishing you the best!

hahahahahaha Dr. House…

But yeah I agree, I know this is making me reevaluate my life…

The healthy eating thing really isn't all that bad — you just need the right mindset. It gives you major more energy.

The MS Recovery Diet book by Ann Sawyer has stories of people that applied this and healed back in a significant manner. The premise is to halt the attacks so that your body has an opportunity to take all this good "food" and heal you (at least a lot).

I don't know any other way. We have a disease that is not a joke or friendly. We have to treat it with great respect and humor it. Our lives depend on it.

I was thinking of the Swank diet. been reading and researching it for a while.

Good — research is good!

17. Melinda says:

Hey Matt, I am so sorry you had another relapse. But you know me, I am seriously happy to read that you are considering the Swank diet. What about a MS drug? Are you going to try something different? Also I am curious what treatment you did while in the hospital. I know that will probably come in another more detailed post? Promise me that you will make some kind of change to prevent more of these. Hand in there buddy You are pretty special and I believe in you.
    Melinda

I will email you soon, I have answers but I also have questions for you.

19. Melinda says:

Did you know that if you make a typo like "Hand in there buddy" (instead of 'Hang in there buddy' – that you cannot change it once it has been submitted? LOL. Miss you, praying for you and await your email.
    Melinda