Progress – Walking and Making Bed (Video)

Practicing some PT and OT stuff, “wa!king” and making my bed!

10 Responses to Progress – Walking and Making Bed (Video)

1. Rosie PL says:

I hate making the bed at the best of times….but what you have just done….YOU ARE A STAR MATT!!!!! 🙂

hahaha same here but now i just like to see that I can still do stuff haha

3. sleekcartim says:

Here's an upside for you… Im sure you can get on disability now. Just need to make sure your lawyer has all your flair up documented. save all your paperwork. nice job on the bed 🙂 Do you belong to a local MS support group? maybe someone there can get you out of the house…?

4. I didn't see any hospital corners there Matt. LOL. Well done mate. Keep up the good work.

Disability said this all would help speed things up but i would still probably be denied the first time. nothing has coe u[ still………

amd yeeeeeab, I was slacking off during my bed making class in rehab lol………

oh and my parents take me out when I needa get out :^b

6. celtboy says:

Kudos on the bed-making an even more praise for your awesome taste in music! Nirvana's Unplugged is one of my all-time favourites. Glad to see how far you've come since being in hospital.

Gary

lol no one can hate the NIRVANA! But thanks! Luckily;y my body is healing so fast, this will allow me to get better quicker and then figure out how to STAY better!

Matt,
    You are such a sweetheart. You have been through so very much and you still continue to want to help others by helping us understand how this disease has a mind of it's own. I believe you will also be showing all of us how you will be recovering from this relapse, which will demonstrate how our brains CAN heal and recover from a terrible assault, as the once you are experiencing.

Just a note on application for disability. I am on disability now for the past 8 years. I had to fill out a lot of paperwork, got denied once and applied all over again. I found out that I needed to explain EVERY little detail, in DETAIL….I have bladder and bowel issues and ha ha, whoever had to read my detailed report of what I was going through, would have to realize how gross all of that was…..and disabling to me. I even wrote, not only in the boxes provided, but also along the sides and top and back of the applications! All the details, until someone finally GOT it and listened. Now, every year I get a letter asking me if my disability is …. better, same or progressing. I fill in the box "progressing", send it back and so far, no problems. Good luck with all of this Matt.

Care about you!

Mare

9. Belinda says:

Matt while it is very hard for someone your age to have MS you are showing people there is hope and you should be so proud that you are prepared to show so much of your journey and are willing to help others too! Thanks for your inspirational updates!

I just want to make the most of my situation.

And MARE, it's tricky because a lot of my symptoms come and go so i never know what to do……