Symptom Log – Feeling Drunk

The last few days have been interesting but of course not in a good way. Have had several moments where I feel drunk out of nowhere then after a while it clears up. Have been dealing with really bad restless leg syndrome again and last night it even migrated to my arms which was really weird. Falling asleep has not been fun even with the help of medication… Have had a really bad pain in the back of my neck/head and ear area on the right side only. I can not tell if it is MS related or not. No bumps or anything to indicate a bug bite so I don’t know. Also have been waking up with headaches lately so today I took a bunch of Ibuprofen and a Percocet and now I feel really sleepy but the pain is gone for now. I think that covers the main major changes.

Symptom Log: 2/3/2012

• Can not feel heat very well on skin
  • EXTREMELY sensitive to cold touching skin it burns.
  • Tender skin on back of neck/head, very painful, hurts inside ear as well
  • Occasional ringing in the left ear
  • Balance, bumping into walls
  • Clumsy
  • Occasional spasms in fingers (mostly mornings)
  • Pain in fingers and top of hands
  • Pain in forearms and elbows
  • Cognitive fog is the same
  • Vertigo when I move my head too quickly (Not too bad today)
  • Drunk sensation
  • Lhermite’s Sign (Feel it in my lower right ribs)
  • Minor depression (Situational)
  • Horrible Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Waking up with headaches
  • Vision is a tad fuzzy
  • Blind spot has been up and down in severity

Current Medications/Supplements

• Gabapentin (600mg)
  • Norco (As Needed)
  • Oxycodone (As Needed)
  • Citalopram
  • Lecithin
  • Vitamin C
  • Vitamin B-12 (Ran Out)
  • Calcium (Ran Out)
  • Vitamin D (Ran Out)

13 Responses to Symptom Log – Feeling Drunk

Hey Matt,

Worried about you…are you okay? Haven't heard from you for awhile. I look at all your symptoms and most of them I can relate to and often I had those symptoms and then the following year…those symptoms have disappeared. It is so amazing how severe some symptoms can be, some pain a 10 out of 10….then fast forward to today and that pain is totally gone. I'm thankful for sure, but I have no idea what made the pain come and the pain go…weird MS is the only answer! Last year my MRI showed I have a chronic active lesion that has grown a bit in size and from what I understand .. anybody (lol) that gets near that hole, just falls in and dies. Yikes, what is going on up there in my noggin! But these days I am feeling pretty good except for my cognitive stuff, especially the executive functions. I still have a lot of belief that I know I am so lucky to have so many wonderful things in my life!
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\let us know how you are!
    Mare

2. sleekcartim says:

Im worried bout matt also… I emailed him twice, no answer. I know this group is very important to him, He spends a lot of his day working on the groups, he wouldnt just stop posting / commenting… hope he's ok. were sending you good vibes buddy.

3. sleekcartim says:

P.S. Im no MS expert, but i do know that your body can heal itself (sending you into remission), if you have (the most common type) remitting / relapsing MS that is. but you have more attacks to look forward to, arnt you lucky. Im in some kind of remission myself in the last few weeks, im sure my dumb doc will declare me cured UGH.

Thinking of you!!

Thanks for adding comments so I can read your info too. Yes, I do have rrms and thankful for remissions too. I'm glad you emailed Matt (I only talk to him on this blog) But….wondering why he hasn't responded and all of us can send those good healing vibes to him and hope all is well. His personality comes through his words and I really like him and catching his perspective on life and MS.
    Mare

6. sleekcartim says:

In my mind, the longer he is unable respond, the more i worry, Esp kmowing it's so important to him. I feel it keeps him busy & sane literally. I doubt it's a simple lost internet situation, cuz everyone can get online for a quick email, unless he's dealing with serious shit. might be time to say a lil prayer along with positive vibes. we are with you in spirit matt!

Hey Matt, thanks so much, again, for inspiring me! I'm excited about your projects and future undertaking! Will be following this from time to time. Toodles -E ps. How are the tulips?

Matt, where are you you mate? Is everythink alright? Your last post on your blog was 10 days ago, and your last post in MS is BS was also 10 days ago. I hope you are just really busy with school, or your photography, because a lot of us have been really worried. If you are ok, please just drop us a line to say you're ok.

Stephen Bleeker

Does anyone know where Matt is?

10. sleekcartim says:

still no word from Matt or his family (i emailed him directly several times). There was some light use on his YT channel bout 1 1/2 weeks ago. I wonder if he might be depressed & withdrawn from life? luckily ive not been THAT bad, tho i have to some degree. say a lil prayer & or send positive vibes to young matt

Matt, I don`t know if you are reading. I just want to say something. I admire you so very much. You are a great inspiration to me. In so many ways, but most of all because of you determination to make the best of everything, to stay positive, to not let your MS or anything else stop you from living your life, and all the knowledge you share with others. I wish only the best for you!!

12. Cindy says:

I was just diagnosed with MS about 6 weeks ago. I haven't started treatment yet. Wednesday I will be….. Not sure what all to expect … I usually feel and look very healthy.. I drink smoothies made with all kinds of good green stuff and red stuff and anything else I can find that sounds healthy…lol.. I need to start a blog I guess…Hope everyone is doing well.
    Cindy

13. Cindy – Sorry to hear but if your going IN healthy that is half the battle! Start a blog and send it my way!

Everyone else – WOW, what was going on with me? How did I not see all this??? Sorry!!!